Brewery info, such as beers produced, location and contact details
Hokkaido Otobe Oiwake is a Japanese microbrewery based in Otobe, in Hokkaido, Japan. The brewery opened in August 2018 with the support of a crowdfunding campaign and is situated in a warehouse that run down and in desperate need of repair. Otobe is derived from the Ainu word “Otounpe,” which means “a river with a swamp at the mouth of the river,” and is derived from the Himekawa River that flows through Otobe Town. The water supply for brewing comes form Mt Otobe, and is apparently famous for its clean snow water that is well-suited for the making of nihonshu and beer. The brewery came about from a meeting with the local town mayor who was trying to grow interest in a town that relies on agriculture and fishing, with the aim of improving tourism in the area.
Hokkaido Otobe Oiwake Brewing : Regular Line Up
The following are some of Hokkaido Otobe Oiwake Brewing’s regular beers:
- Hokkaido Otobe Oiwake IPA – a 6% English IPA that uses imported Amarillo, Chinook, Citra, and Simcoe hops.
- Hokkaido Otobe Pale Ale – a 5% English pale ale that uses local grown barley malt from Otobe along with Citra and Simcoe hops.
- Hokkaido Otobe Weizen – a 5% German hefeweizen that uses imported Citra and Lemondrop hops.
Hokkaido Otobe Oiwake Brewing : Information
- Address: 686-2 Tateura, Otobe-cho, Nishi-gun, Hokkaido
- Phone: 0139-56-1300
- Homepage (in Japanese): http://www.guild-endeavour.jp/
- Online Store: https://otobebeer.official.ec/
- Social Media: Facebook / Instagram