808 Brewery is a Japanese microbrewery based on Oyama, in Tochigi, Japan. 808 Brewery, also known as Yaoya brewery, opened in June 2021 with crowdfunding support from Camp Fire, was started by Sun Foods Co., Ltd., which is mainly a wholesaler of fruits and vegetables. The town of Oyama is also one of Japan’s top areas for the production of barley and pearl barley, with the brewery utilising as much as possible for their beers, as well as other crops and adjuncts from the local area – for example koshihikari rice and coix seeds.
808 Brewery : Regular Lineup
The following are some of 808 Brewery’s regular beers:
- 808 ESB – a 5.5% British style ESB that uses coix seeds from the local area.
- 808 IPA – a 7% West Coast IPA that uses C-hops during brewing, though which ones are unknown.
- 808 Saison – a 4.5% saison that uses locally grown koshihikari rice from the Oyama area.
808 Brewery : Limited & Seasonal Lineup
The following are some of 808 Brewery’s limited and seasonal lineup beers:
- 808 Bark At The Moon – a 9% imperial oatmeal stout that uses macadamia nuts, vanilla beans & coffee beans.
- 808 Flatbush – a 7.5% hazy IPA that uses two types of Simcoe hops: regular and cryo, along with some Strata.
- 808 Table Saison – a 3% saison that uses Ariana, Cascade, and Nelson Sauvin hops.
808 Brewery : Information
- Address: 2119-2 Higashinoda, Oyama, Tochigi 323-0817
- Phone: N/A
- Homepage (in Japanese): https://808brewery.jp/
- Online Store: https://808brewery.stores.jp/
- Social Media: Facebook / Instagram