Helios Brewery is a craft beer brewery located in Naha city, Okinawa that started life out as rum distillery on the island back in 1961. Since then, they’ve moved onto the production of shochu, awamori (a lethal Okinawa drink) before opening up the brewery in June 1996. The following July, the Helios Pub opened up and production ramped up through to 1998. They ethos of the brewery is to use locally sourced products as much as possible in all of their products.
Helios Brewery Lineup
The following beers are part of the year round lineup:
- Helios Sheequarsar White Ale – A 5% fruit beer that is brewed with sheequarsar, a native fruit to Okinawa.
- Helios Porter – A 5% English porter that is also known as 星空のビール or Starry Sky Beer
- Helios Weizen – A 5% German kristallweizen that is also known as 青い空と海のビール or Blue Sky and Sea beer.
- Helios Goya Dry – A 5% spiced beer that is brewed with a little less hops than usual and instead uses goya, or bitter gourd, to impart some bitterness.
Helios Brewery Limited Edition and Seasonal Lineup
The following beers are part of their limited edition and seasonal lineup:
- Helios Tenshi no Red Ale – A 5% Irish red ale that is released in winter and supposedly perfect for White Day.
Helios Brewery Articles
- Helios Pub in Naha, Okinawa – The brewpub for the company.
Helios Brewery Details
Address: 405 Kyoda, Nago City, Okinawa 905-0024
Online Store: http://helios-shop.jp/