DD4D Brewing is both a fashion store and brewpub located in Matsuyama, in Ehime, Shikoku. DD4D Brewing is actually the sister brewery to YYG Brewery and Beer Kitchen in Yoyogi, Tokyo, but this branch is headed by brewer Mike Donohue, who bewed at Flying Fish Brewery in New Jersey, and at the 21st Amendment Brewpub in San Francisco, California as an assistant brewer.
DD4D Brewing Beer
The following are some of the beers we’ve had from DD4D Brewing
- DD4D Hazy IPA – a 6.8% NE-IPA, classified as happoshu, and brewed using Apollo, Idaho 7, and Rakau hops.
- DD4D Coconut Milk Stout – a 5.0% milk stout brewed using lactose and toasted coconut.
- DD4D IPA #014 – a 6.5% American IPA brewed using Cascade, Columbus, and Idaho7 hops.
- DD4D Kaffir Lime Sour Ale – a 5.5% sour ale brewed using imported kaffir limes.
- DD4D Triple Dry-Hopped Double IPA – An 8.2% Double IPA that is hopped once during fermentation and then twice post fermentation.
- DD4D Lager – A 5% German pilsner that uses Mt. Hood hops from the USA.
- DD4D Iyokan Orange Sour Ale – A 5.2% sour ale that uses locally sourced iyokans, a kind of Japanese orange.
- DD4D West Coast Lemon IPA – A 7% West Coast IPA that uses lemons from the Seto island region.
- DD4D Imperial Sweet Coffee Stout – An 9.5% imperial milk stout that uses lactose for the sweet stout part, and then cold brew coffee for the coffee stout part.
- DD4D Air Jordal 2 – An 8% hazy double IPA that uses Jordal Kveik yeast and Citra, Idaho 7, and Strata hops.
- DD4D City Pop IPA – A 7% fruited American IPA which uses Citra hops.
- DD4D Ponkan Hazy Triple IPA – A 9.5% double IPA brewed using Columbus and Centennial hops, and contains ponkan.
- DD4D Debut – An 8% double IPA brewed using imported US Citra and Simcoe hops.
DD4D Brewing Information
Address: 1F, DD4D Building, 4-2-6 Chifunemachi, Matsuyama, Ehime 790-0011
Brewery Store: https://www.japandemic.co.jp/shop
Social Media: Facebook / Instagram