Anglo-Japanese Brewing Company, abbreviated to AJB Company, is a small craft beer brewery located in Nozawa-Onsen, in Nagano, Japan. The brewery started out in 2014, and since then, the brewery has outgrown its original location, and a couple of years later, moved to a much larger location. AJB Company have a strong connection to the local area, and try to use as many local ingredients where possible, while also brewing beers that they want to drink. AJB Company uses a mixture of English and German malts, with British, American, andNew Zealand hops as raw materials, with the local water from Nozawa Onsen being the base.
Anglo-Japanese Brewing Company Lineup
The following are beers from Anglo-Japanese Brewing Company that we’ve had.
- AJB Sumizome Sakura no Sei – A 7% black IPA. It takes its name from the story of a black cherry tree in Kyoto.
- AJB Saison De La Maison – A 5.5% saison. It’s made with BET, a Japanese company that specializes in helping set up breweries with equipment and resources.
- AJB Hyakkendana Beer – A 4.5% blond ale brewed with Mikkeller Beer and uses Mosaic hops.
- AJB Libushi IPA – An 8% double / imperial IPA.
- AJB IBU Nai Lemondrop a 5.8% NE Pale Ale brewed using lemondrop hops, which were first released in 2012.
- AJB IBU Nai – a 5.4% American Pale Ale brewed so it does not have any IBU.
- AJB Shinshu Soba Stout – a 5% dry stout brewed using locally sourced soba from the Nagano area.
- AJB Espresso Stout – A 10% imperial porter with beans from Allpress Roastery Tokyo, part of the chain of Allpress coffee shops from New Zealand, and used their Imperiality as a base to make this winter seasonal beer.
Anglo-Japanese Brewing Company Details
Address: 9347 Toyosato, Nozawaonsen, Shimotakai-gun, Nagano 389-2502
Homepage (in Japanese): http://anglojapanesebeer.com/
Brewery Store: N/A