Choryo Craft Beer is a brewery based in Nara, Japan and is an offshoot of Choryu Sake which itself is a manufacturing division of the Iida Group located in Yao City, Osaka Prefecture, and has been making sake in Koryo Town, Nara Prefecture. Choryo’s craft beer concept is “beer you want to drink again” and they also have some of the shortest shelf life for their beers – while most breweries go for between 6 months to a year, some of the beers from Choryo Craft Beer have a shelf life of 30 days with the aim of ensuring freshness and quality in their beers.
In March 2022, Choryu Brewery opened Choryu Brew Park, a park facility where you can enjoy sake and craft beer. The tap room is open from 11:00 to 17:00 on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, and you can enjoy freshly brewed Choryo craft beer. They have two standard beers, and they sell seasonal and test-batch beers.
Choryo Craft Beer : Lineup
The following are some of Choryo’s beers that we’ve had:
- Choryo IPA – a 6% West Coast IPA that uses Citra, Mosaic, Motueka, Pahto, and Simcoe hops.
- Choryo Rice Lager – a 5% rice lager that uses rice that has been grown in the Nara area.
- Choryo Cold IPA – a 7% cold IPA that uses Simcoe, Citra, Amarillo, and Magnum hops
Choryo Craft Beer : Information
- Address: 7-1 Minami, Koryo, Kitakatsuragi District, Nara 635-0818
- Phone: 080-5784-9377
- Homepage (in Japanese): http://www.choryo.jp/
- Online Store: https://www.choryo.co.jp/
- Social Media: Facebook / Instagram