Hideji Beer, or to give the range its full name Miyazaki Hideji Beer, is a brewery based in Miyazaki, Miyazaki prefecture on the island of Kyushu. Hideji Beer launched in 1996 soon after the Japanese government reduced the limits for the brewing licenses, under parent company Nishida. Never heard of them? Well Nishida is a wholesaler of petroleum products, and the president at the time of inauguration, Nishida Hideji, thought about expanding the business and granting his name to be used on the beers. Hideji-san asked a Czech brewer to come over and be the leader in developing beers in the hope of becoming a long-term resident; however, like most other foreign brewers at the time, he had enough and returned back home. In 2009, Biagura Hideji opened next door to the brewery, enabling visitors to taste the Hideji Beer range in the freshest possible condition.
Hideji Beer Main Lineup
The Hideji Beer consists of the four following beers all-year round and can be found in bottles or on tap at various bars across Japan:
- Hideji Taiyo Lager – a 5% German style pilsner that has won various awards for best pilsner.
- Hideji Tsuki no Dark Lager – a 4.5% German schwarz beer that has won two awards in Japan.
- Hideji Hana no Belgian White – a 5% Belgian witbier that is brewed using fresh orange peel and coriander.
- Hideji Shinkan Pale Ale – a % American pale ale that is brewed using Cascade hops.
Hideji Beer Colloboration Lineup
Throughout the year, Hideji Beer also releases the following beers in both bottle and tap form throughout Japan that involve collaboration with various farmers throughout the Miyazaki area.
- Hideji Hyuganatsu Lager – A 5% summer seasonal lager that is brewed using locally sourced citrus fruits.
- Hideji Kinkan Lager – A 5% summer seasonal lager that is brewed using locally source kinkans, also known as kumquats in English.
- Hideji Spring Yuzu Ale – A 4.5% spring seasonal ale that contains yuzu from the local area.
- Hideji Mango Lager – A 5% mango lager that is available during the summer months.
- Hideji Miyazaki Red Eye – A 5% tomato lager brewed with tomatoes grown in the local area.
Hideji Beer Premium Lineup
This selection of Hideji Beer products are specially designed from premium ingredients:
- Hideji Beer Stout – A 6% winter seasonal beer that is brewed using a Nordic recipe.
- Hideji Hokura Kinnama – A 5% autumn seasonal beer brewed to a pilsner recipe.
- Hideji Ginger Honey Ale – A 5% ale that contains fresh ginger and honey in the fermentation stages.
- Hideji Golden Time Ale – An 8% Belgian ale that comes at a premium price.
Hideji Beer Details:
Address: 〒882-0077 Miyazaki-ken, Nobeoka-shi, Mukabaki-cho 747−58−2
Website (in Japanese): http://hideji-beer.jp/
Online Store: http://www.hideji-beer.com/