Zakkoku Kobo Brewery, sometimes known as Zakkoku Kobo Microbrewery, is a Japanese brewery located in Ogawa-machi, in Saitama, Japan. The brewery was started by Baba Isamu in 2004 and focuses on using locally, organically grown grains where possible in the beer. This came about because he had too many grains after harvesting. The solution he came up with was that he could utilize them to craft beer. While the brewery and farming still exist, the brewing and operations have mostly been taken over by his daughter, Yumiko, and nd son-in-law, Hitoshi Suzuki. The eventual aim for Zakkoku Kobo Brewery is to make all of their beers brewed from their own 100% organic grains.
Zakkoku Kobo Brewery Lineup
The following are some of the beers we’ve had from Zakkoku Kobo Brewery:
- Zakkoku Cereal Ale – a 5% hazy pale ale brewed with organic cereal crops, which in this case are wheat, rye, and two varieties of millet. Zakkoku Cereal Box is also brewed with Simcoe hops.
- Zakkoku Ogawa Porter – a 6% porter named, as if you hadn’t had guessed already, after the town that the brewpub is based in – Ogawamachi.
- Zakkoku Tranquil Ale – a 5% pale ale brewed using Cascade hops.
Zakkoku Kobo Brewery Articles
The following are some articles we done about Zakkoku Kobo Brewery
- TBT With Zakkoku Kobo Brewery
- Zakkoku Kobo Brewery in Ogawamachi, Saitama
Zakkoku Kobo Brewery Details
Address: 1151-1 Otsuka, Ogawa-machi, 355-0328 Saitama Prefecture, Japan
Brewery Store: https://zakkoku-beer.shop/
Social Media: Facebook / Instagram / Twitter