Brewery Songbird, also known as Songbird Beer, is a Chiba based craft beer brewery, located in Kisarazu city, that opened in 2015. The owners, Kyohei and Monami Nakajima, received their license in April 2015 and have quickly established themselves as brewers of predominantly Belgian style craft beers, while also producing some other styles of European beers. Songbird Brewery beer’s can be bought and tried at their bottle shop and tasting room or bought online too.
Brewery Songbird Main Line up
Most of these beers can be bought from the online store.
- Songbird Blonde – a 5% Belgian blonde beer that was their first release.
- Songbird Golden Bitter – a 4.5% English best bitter style that uses English Maris Otter malt.
- Songbird Brett Table Beer – a 4.5% sour beer brewed using three different strains of bacteria (Bruxellensis / Lambicus / Lactobacillus)
Brewery Songbird Seasonal & Limited Edition Line Up
Songbird Brewery produces a variety of seasonal beers that come without labels on the front. Instead, they have a small tag and a handwritten label on the neck.
- Songbird Bier De Garde – a 7% Bier de Garde, a style of strong pale ale, style beer that is brewed with Belgian yeast.
- Songbird Cuvée de Printemps – a 7% Belgian strong ale and brewed using a large, but unknown, amount of wheat and dried Styrian Golding hops.
- Songbird Dark Lavender – a 4% Belgian ale that contains locally sourced lavender from Yana farm.
- Songbird Hi no Nagori / Songbird The Remains of the Day – a 4% Southern English brown ale.
- Songbird Hop no Kyoudai (Older brother) – a 5% amber ale that is brewed using Sladek and Kazbek hops from Czech Republic.
- Songbird Imperial Stout – a 9% imperial stout brewed using “spices”.
- Songbird Peaty Oyster Stout – a 6% oyster stout that is brewed using oyster shells sourced from Hokkaido.
- Songbird Maltina – a 6.3% Belgian oud bruin style beer which, at the time of writing, isn’t easy to find.
- Songbird Maltina Yuzu and Vanilla – 6% Belgian bruin style beer first released in 2015 that has been flavoured with yuzu and vanilla.
- Songbird Mikan Ginger – a 5.2% Belgian wheat fruit beer that contains Kisarazu oranges and locally sourced root ginger.
- Songbird Moderne – An 8.5% Belgian-style tripel which uses Wyeast Belgian yeast, the same strain that is used in the famed Westmalle Beer range.
- Songbird Moteuka Pale Ale – a 5.2% single-hoped pale ale that use New Zealand Moteuka hops.
- Songbird Myltille Noir – a 5.5% dark saison that is also styled as a fruit beer. It is brewed using with blueberries.
- Songbird Noir de Cairdeas – an 8% black IPA, part of a collaborative effort with Liquors Hasegawa, and uses peated malt, not actual Irish peat, along with Pilsner, Carafa III, and Caramunich II malts.
- Songbird Oatmeal Stout – a 5% oatmeal stout that contains lots of oatmeal in the mash.
- Songbird Session IPA – a 4.5% session IPA that was part of their 2016 limited edition line up in spring.
- Songbird Smoked Mild – a 3.8% smoked beer that contains a light carbonation and smoked flavour.
- Songbird Summer Porter – a 4.5% portet style beer that is supposedly as good as drinking cold coffee.
- Songbird Wheat – a 4.2% English summer ale that uses plenty of wheat malt.
Brewery Songbird Details
Address: 〒292-0051 Chiba-ken, Kisarazu-shi, Kiyokawa 1-14-12
Online store: http://songbirdbeer.blogspot.co.uk/p/web-shop.html
Social network: Facebook
Brewery Songbird Articles
Brewery Songbird Interview: Interview with Brewery Songbird