Open Air Brewing is a Japanese microbrewery located in Kobe, in Hyogo, Japan. Open Air Brewing began brewing in April 2022 after an extensive crowdfunding campaign to renovate an elementary school in the Kobe area as part of the NATURE STUDIO project with the aims of creating a community based area for the local population. Open Air Brewing has its roots in social experiments for citizens to share public spaces, and aims to create an alternative future where diverse people openly share time and space through brewing beer.
Open Air Brewing : Lineup
The following are some of Open Air Brewing’s beers that we’ve had:
- Open Air Night Walk – a 5.5% milk stout brewed with Callista and Sabro
- Open Air Island Sunset – a 5.5% modern IPA brewed with Trident Salvo, Vic Secret, Cascade, Lotus, Mandarina Bavaria, and Mosaic.
- Open Air Paper Dragon – a 7.5% double IPA brewed using El Dorado, Trident Salvo, Trident, and Cryo Mosaic hops.
- Open Air Pink Flamingo – a 6% sour hazy IPA brewed using Sultana, Citra, and Sabro, and uses the Philly Sour strain of yeast.
- Open Air Tropicalia – a 6% sour beer brewed using Philly Sour yeast as well as fruits in the form of cherry, lime, and pineapple along with Idaho 7 hops,
- Open Air Sansho Gose – a 5% gose brewed using sansho, also known as Japanese pepper, and uses Hallertau Blanc hops.
- Open Air Prime Meridian – a 7% saison that uses Meridian hops and also takes its name from the Prime Meridian line based in Greenwich.
Open Air Brewing : Articles
Open Air Brewing : Details
- Address: 2-18-102 Yukigoshomachi, Hyogo Ward, Kobe City, Hyogo Prefecture
- Phone: 078-515-8815
- Homepage (in Japanese): https://www.openair.beer/
- Online Store: https://www.openair.beer/collections/
- Social Media: Facebook / Instagram / Twitter