Repubrew is a brewery located in Numazu, in Shizuoka, Japan. The brewpub started out life as a bar first back in April 2017 with a wide selection of domestic and imported before opening up the brewery at the same location in September 2017.
Shoma Hata and Daito Komine, both hail from Kawasaki City, Kanagawa Prefecture, with Hata-san working as the head brewer and Komine-san as head chef and sales representative. Head Brewer Hata-san majored in brewing and fermentation at a technical college in Tokyo, and after graduation he went to work at Dairy Kingdom in Shizuoka Prefecture in April 2013, known for its “Kaze no Tani no Beer. While working as a brewer at Dairy Kingdom Orache, his goal of starting his own brewery began to take shape, and in December 2015, he drew up a plan to establish a brewery.
January 2017, they began renovations in the store, and with the interior of the brewery space and pub store completed, the pub was opened on April 1st of the same year, prior to the in-house brewing. On September 12th of the same year, the brewery obtained a license for the production of alcoholic beverages (happoshu). The brewing process began, and the pub was unveiled on November 1st of the same year.
Repubrew : Reviewed Beers
The following are some of the beers we’ve had from Repubrew:
- Repubrew DDH Citra on Citra – An 8% double Hazy IPA brewed with Citra, Amarillo, and Idaho 7.
- Repubrew Yofukashi – A 10% pastry / imperial stout takes its name from the Japanese word “yofukashi!” which measn to stay up late.
Repubrew : Articles
The following are some of the articles we’ve written about Repubrew:
Repubrew : Information
- Address: 〒410-0801 Shizuoka, Numazu, Otemachi, 2 Chome−1−1 Porto Numazu B1
- Phone: 055-939-8877
- Homepage (in Japanese): https://www.repubrew.com/
- Online Store: https://repubrew.shop/
- Social Media: Facebook / Instagram / Twitter