Uchu Brewing is a Japanese craft beer brewery located in Hokuto city, in Yamanashi, Japan. Uchu Brewing started brewing in March 2018 with the first beers being released in May of the same year. Unlike many other breweries in Japan, Uchu Brewing actually started out by growing their own hops as to use in their own beer; however, they soon learnt afterwards that area of Hokuto city was originally used for growing hops in the past. Uchu Brewing also prides itself on being sustainable from hops right through to bottling and packaging of their beers, which also includes the filtering and recycling of waste water used in the beer making process.
Uchu Brewing Main Lineup
The following are part of Uchu Brewing’s all-year round range.
- Uchu White Ale – a 8% NE-IPA that uses Cascade hops grown at the brewery.
- Uchu Dark Matter IPA – a 6.7% American IPA that uses CTZ, Simcoe, Chinook, Denali, and Ekuanot from the USA, and in-house grown Cascade hops.
- Uchi Big Bang IPA – a 7.5% NE-IPA that uses Columbus and Citra from the USA, Motueka from NZ, and in-house grown Cascade hops.
- Uchu IPA – a 7% American IPA that uses in-house grown Cascade hops.
- Uchu Ale – a 5.8% American pale ale that uses Columbus, Amarillo, Citra, and Mosaic hops from the USA, and in-house grown Cascade hops.
Uchu Brewing Seasonal & Limited Edition Lineup
- Uchu Aldebaran Triple IPA – a 10% imperial IPA brewed using only Mosaic & Galaxy hops with an unknown level of IBU – could it be the first IBU-less triple IPA?
- Uchu Sensei – a 6% NE-IPA brewed with “secret hops” and also oats, along with lactose.
- Uchu Star Dust IPA – a 6.8% Sour IPA brewed with locally sourced Lateblue, Blueray, BlueGem, Delight, Menditto, and TifBlue blueberries.
- Uchu Gold – a 7% NE-IPA brewed using Mosaic and Galaxy hops, like the Uchu Aldebaran Triple IPA.
- Uchu Fresh Hop Rye IPA – a 6% rye IPA brewed using two types of rye malt – crystal rye and malted rye, along with a variety of hops including some in-house grown Cascade hops, with imported US Columbus, Simcoe, Citra, and Galaxy.
Uchu Brewing Details
Address: Kurahara 397, Takane-cho, Hokuto-shi, Yamanashi, Japan 408-0013
Homepage (in Japanese): http://uchubrewing.com/
Brewery Store: https://uchubrew.shop-pro.jp/