Heisei Brewing was established in 2021 in Nagaoka City, Niigata Prefecture. Nagaoka city is located in the Chuetsu region of Niigata Prefecture, and is widely known for its spectacular fireworks display at the Nagaoka Festiva, rather than its effort for putting craft beer on the map. Heisei Brewing actually started out as a liquor store, rather than an off-shoot from a sake distillery like so many other breweries in the area, with the store itself being founded back in May 1974. The parent company of Heisei Brewing is a soy sauce maker that is over 400 years old at the time of writing.
Heisei Brewing uses American and British malt and American, German and British hops as raw materials, and uses Nagaoka water taken from the Shinano River, which originates from the Chikuma River, as the brewing water.
Heisei Brewing Lineup
The following are some of the beers that we’ve had from Heisei Brewing
- Heisei Jyozaisenjyo – a 6% West Coast IPA.
- Heisei Futou Fukutsu – an 8% double IPA brewed using Centennial, Chinook, Citra, Magnum, and Simcoe.
Heisei Brewing Information
- Address: 〒940-0861 Niigata, Nagaoka, Kawasakimachi, 778-1 Sakeya Heiseido
- Phone: 0258-34-5410
- Homepage (in Japanese): https://heiseibrewing.jp/about
- Online Store: https://heiseido.stores.jp/
- Social Media: Facebook / Instagram / Twitter