Sakai Kashi Brewery is a microbrewery located in Sakai, in Ibrakai, Japan. The brewery is located on the riverbank of the River Tone, for which the brewery takes its name from, with kashi meaning “river bank”, and began operations in 2018, with their first beers coming out in January 2019. The river was once used to transports goods up from and down to port in Choshi, on the coast of the Pacific Ocean.
Sakai Kashi Brewery : Lineup
The following are some of Sakai Kashi Brewery’s beers that we have tried:
- Sakai Kashi IPL – a 6% India pale lager though what hops are used is unknown at the time of writing.
- Sakai Kashi Scotch Hopper – a 5% rye pale ale that is brewed using Japanese and US grown Cascade hops.
- Sakai Kashi Slash Saison – a 5% saison that is brewed with the inclusion of rye malt.
Sakai Kashi Brewery : Limited & Seasonal Lineup
The following are some of Sakai Kashi Brewery’s limited and seasonal lineup. More information about their availability can be found within the article.
- Sakai Kashi NeIPA – a 6% NE-IPA that was first brewed in 2021.
- Sakai Kashi SMaSH Ibuki – a 5% American IPA that is brewed using Ibuki hops grown in Japan.
Sakai Kashi Brewery : Information
- Address: 1341-1, Sakai, Sashima District, Ibaraki 306-0433
- Phone: 0280-87-0022
- Homepage (in Japanese): https://sakaikashibrewery.com/
- Online Store: https://sakaikashi.handcrafted.jp/
- Social Media: Instagram