I came across Arome purely by chance after trying to do a search for some Belgian beers – I do love a good Belgian dubble and tripel – and noticed that they have some domestic craft beers too. I was quite surprised by this as since I have been using them, Arome have increased their range of beers from across Japan, in spite of what their map on the site says.
Arome uses its own shop model – thankfully the days of using Rakuten as a shop front are declining – and is actual rather easy to use. The storefront is automatically set to list the beers from new to old, and there is a little bit of information about each beer before you navigate to its own page. It’s also good that each little bit of blurb about each beer also has some English name, the style of beer, the size of the beer, and also the price before, and after tax. These might not seem like much, but many sites could do with including things like this.
When you do decide on a beer to look at, you’re presented with a fantastical amount of information that I really do wish all sites had. There tends to be a list of ingredients, alcohol, but more importantly, the drink by date of the beer too, which I really wish was included on all sites. This means you can work out very quickly how fresh the beer is, and also if the beer can be stored if you wish to age it.
In terms of shipping, if you want your beers shipped cold, so you can drink them as soon as you get them, it’s an extra 250 yen to the prices listed below:
- South Tohoku, Kanto, Chubu (Miyagi, Yamagata, Fukushima, Tokyo, Kanagawa, Saitama, Chiba, Ibaraki, Tochigi, Gunma, Yamanashi, Niigata, Nagano, Toyama, Ishikawa, Fukui, Aichi, Gifu, Shizuoka, Mie) 850 yen
- North Tohoku/Kinki (Aomori, Iwate, Akita, Osaka, Hyogo, Kyoto, Shiga, Nara, Wakayama) 950 yen
- Chugoku/Shikoku (Tottori, Shimane, Okayama, Hiroshima, Yamaguchi, Tokushima, Kagawa, Ehime, Kochi): 1050 yen
- Hokkaido/Kyushu (Hokkaido, Fukuoka, Saga, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Oita, Miyazaki, Kagoshima) 1,300 yen
- Okinawa (Okinawa Prefecture): 1,450 yen
Arome : Details
- Address: 1-6-2 Higashigaoka, Meguro, Tokyo
- Phone: 0120-996-909
- Homepage (in Japanese): https://www.arome.jp/
- Social Media: Facebook / Twitter