Yatsugatake Touchdown Brewery is a craft beer brewery located in Kiyosato, in Yamanashi, Japan. The brewery opened in 1997 and incorporates the brewery and the bar brewpub Rock on the premises too. The beers are based around German style beers and the brewmaster Kazumi Yamada joined Yatsugatake Beer Touchdown after 40 years working at Kirin.
Yatsugatake Touchdown Main Lineup
The following beers are part of Yatsugatake Touchdown’s all-year round lineup.
- Yatsugatake Touchdown Pilsner – a 5.5% German / Czech style pilsner that uses imported malts from Germany and Canada with hops from Germany and Czech Republic.
- Yatsugatake Touchdown Dunkel – a 6% German dunkel that uses caramel malt and was voted Japan’s best dunkel back in the 2015 World Beer Awards.
- Yatsugatake Touchdown Kiyosato Lager – a 5.5% German pilsner that uses rice from the local village of Kiyosato.
- Yatsugatake Touchdown Rock Bock – a 7% German bock that uses malt imported from Canada, Germany, and The UK.
- Yatsugatake Touchdown Weiss – a 5% German hefeweizen brewed to a traditional Bavarian recipe. The grain bill has no more than 8% wheat during the mash.
Yatsugatake Touchdown Seasonal & Limited Edition Lineup
The following beers are part of Yatsugatake Touchdown’s seasonal and limited edition lineup.
- Yatsugatake Touchdown Shirakaba Beat – a 5% lager beer that contains sap water from the white birch trees.
- Yatsugatake Touchdown Alt – a 5% German alt that’s limited to a 4000L batch.
- Yatsugatake Touchdown Chocolate – a 5.5% schwarz that uses chocolate malt in the brewing process.
Yatsugatake Touchdown Details
Address: 3545 Kiyosato, Takane-cho, Hokuto City, Yamanashi
Homepage (in Japanese): https://www.yatsugatake-beer.com/