Yonezawa Jacks Brewery is a Japanese microbrewery located in Yonezawa town, in Yamagata, Japan. Yonezawa located in the southern part of Yamagata and is well known for its prized Japanese beef and also weaving, though with Yonezawa Jacks Brewery, you could add craft beer to it. Yonezawa Jacks Brewery started operating in July 2018. The owner, Hideto Makiyama, is from Yonezawa, and after training at a brewpub in Tokyo to make beer, he started brewing beer in his hometown. The name of the brewery comes from one of Makiyama-san’s friends called “Jax” who was the main inspiration in Makiyama-san producing beer.
Yonezawa Jacks Brewery : Lineup
The following are some of Yonezawa Jacks Brewery’s regular beers that we’ve tried. These beers can usually be found all-year round.
- Yonezawa Jacks Golden Ale – a 5% golden ale that uses Cascade and Centennial hops.
- Yonezawa Jacks IPA – a 6% American IPA that uses Citra and Mosaic hops.
- Yonezawa Jacks Pale Ale – a 5% American pale ale that uses Centennial, Citra, and Columbus hops
- Yonezawa Jacks Session IPA – a 4.5% session IPA that uses Amarillo, Citra, and Columbus hops.
Yonezawa Jacks Brewery : Limited & Seasonal Beers
The following are some of Yonezawa Jacks Brewery’s limited and seasonal beers we’ve tried. More details about the availability of the beers can be found in the reviews.
- Yonezawa Jacks La France Weizen – a 5% hefeweizen that uses La France pears and Hallertau Blanc hop.
- Yonezawa Jacks Yamabudo Saison – a 5% saison that uses Nelson Sauvin hops and grape juice from the local Gassan area.
- Yonezawa Jacks Zawo IPA – a 6% hazy IPA that uses Amarillo, Centennial, Citra, and Mosaic hops.
Yonezawa Jacks Brewery : Information
- Address: 5471 Sumomoyama, Yonezawa City, Yamagata Prefecture, 992-1461
- Phone: 0238-33-9558
- Homepage (in Japanese): https://jacks-beer.com/
- Online Store: https://jacksbrewery.stores.jp/
- Social Media: Facebook / Instagram / Twitter