Y Market Brewing is a craft beer brewery located in Nagoya, in Aichi, Japan. Opened in 2014, Y Market Brewing is owned by the same company that owns Sakaya Okadaya in the heart of the Yanagibashi Market in Nagoya. The building encompasses both the brewery on the first floor, and the brewpub on the second. The current head brewer, Kachi-san, used to work at the now defunct Kisoji Beer, where he found himself thrust into the limelight as head brewer when the previous one left. While initially catering for their own bar and other bars across Japan, Y Market Brewing have also started to bottle some of their beers as well.
Y Market Brewing Bottle Lineup
The following beers are part of Y Market Brewing’s bottle lineup, with most of them bottled at Gotemba Kogen.
- Y Market Session IPL – a 4.5% India Pale lager brewed with US Citra, US Simcoe, and US Mosaic hops to give it a final IBU of 55 units.
- Y Market W-IPL – an 8% double India pale lager using the same base as the Y Market Session IPL, though the amount of malts have been doubled up.
Y Market Brewing Draft Lineup
The following beers are part of Y Market Brewing’s draft lineup that we’ve had.
- Y Market Japanese Roast Ale – a 5.8% American-style brown ale brewed using imported Cascade, Centennial, and Citra hops from the US, though the Japanese influence is strong with two-types of Japanese barley tea, 2-row and 6-row.
- Y Market Barley Bouquet Oktoberfest – a 5.7% oktoberfest beer and or Y Market Brewing, a rare single hop beer, with imported German Perle hop.
- Y Market Dark Valley Oatmeal Stout – a 6% oatmeal stout that contains imported Horizon and Fuggles hops from the US.
Y Market Brewing Details
Address: 4-17-6 Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, Aichi
Homepage (in Japanese): https://craftbeer.nagoya/
Brewery Store: https://item.rakuten.co.jp/craftbeer/c/0000000225/