Y Market Brewing is a craft beer brewery located in Nagoya, in Aichi, Japan. Opened in 2014, Y Market Brewing is owned by the same company that owns Sakaya Okadaya in the heart of the Yanagibashi Market in Nagoya. The building encompasses both the brewery on the first floor, and the brewpub on the second. The current head brewer, Kachi-san, used to work at the now defunct Kisoji Beer, where he found himself thrust into the limelight as head brewer when the previous one left. While initially catering for their own bar and other bars across Japan, Y Market Brewing have also started to bottle some of their beers as well.
Y Market Brewing Can Lineup
The following beers are part of Y Market Brewing’s bottle lineup, with most of them bottled at Gotemba Kogen.
- Y Market Anniversary WIPA – a 7% American IPA brewed using imported American Cascade, Mosaic, and Citra hops, as well as imported Australian Galaxy hops.
- Y Market Another Sky Pale Ale – a 5% pale ale brewed using imported US Mosaic hops for aroma and Citra hops, which are used for both bittering and aroma.
- Y Market Craft Heart Red – A 6% American Red Ale brewed with imported American Horizon, Simcoe, and Citra hops.
- Y Market Hop Seduction Session IPA – a 4.5% session IPA brewed with imported US Mosaic and Chinook hops.
- Y Market Hysteric IPA – a 7% American IPA brewed using US Simcoe, Citra, Mosaic, and Chinook as well as NZ Motueka hops.
- Y Market La Mosaique – a 5% saison brewed using imported Simcoe and Mosaic hops from the USA – eschewing the traditional French hops used in a saison.
- Y Market Maruhachi IPA – an 8% double IPA brewed with 8 kilograms of a blend of 8 different hops that includes imported USA Simcoe, Citra, Chinook, Centennial, Sorachi Ace, and Mosaic.
- Y Market New Onigashima 3 – a 7.8% Double IPA / NE-IPA brewed using US Mosaic, Citra, and Amarillo hops and is a collaboration brewed with Noboritbetsu Beer, based in Hokkaido.
- Y Market Pacific Brim – a 5.5% saison brewed using raspberries imported from Oregon, and domestic purple plums, alongside US Simcoe, US Loral, US Sabro, AU Galaxy hops.
- Y Market Paradise Ginga – a 5.5% American IPA brewed using imported Galaxy and Simcoe hops from the USA.
- Y Market Purple Sky Pale Ale – a 6% American pale ale brewed using exclusively imported American Citra hops.
- Y Market Session IPL – A 4.5% India Pale lager brewed with US Citra, US Simcoe, and US Mosaic hops to give it a final IBU of 55 units.
- Y Market Techno Pils – a 5.5% pilsner brewed using imported German malts though like the rest of their beers, it uses imported US hops in the form of Amarillo and Horizon.
- Y Market W-IPL – An 8% double India pale lager using the same base as the Y Market Session IPL, though the amount of malts have been doubled up.
- Y Market Yellow Sky Pale Ale – a 6% American pale ale uses the same base but the hops have been changed up with this one using Citra.
Y Market Brewing Draft Lineup
The following beers are part of Y Market Brewing’s draft lineup that we’ve had.
- Y Market Barley Bouquet Oktoberfest – A 5.7% oktoberfest beer and or Y Market Brewing, a rare single hop beer, with imported German Perle hop.
- Y Market Dark Valley Oatmeal Stout – A 6% oatmeal stout that contains imported Horizon and Fuggles hops from the US.
- Y Market Decorian –
- Y Market Golden Combi – a 5% American IPA brewed with “traditional” American IPA hops of Chinook, Centennial, and Horizon.
- Y Market Japanese Roast Ale – A 5.8% American-style brown ale brewed using imported Cascade, Centennial, and Citra hops from the US, though the Japanese influence is strong with two-types of Japanese barley tea, 2-row and 6-row.
- Y Market Ncha – A 4.5% pilsner part of a collaborative effort Y Market Brewing did with Gambrinus Roppongi as their in-house beer.
Y Market Brewing Articles
Y Market Brewing Details
Address: 4-17-6 Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, Aichi
Homepage (in Japanese): https://craftbeer.nagoya/
Brewery Store: https://ymarket.craftbeer.nagoya/