Located in Shinagawa, Tokyo, TY Harbor Brewery was one of the first breweries to participate in the brewpub movement in Japan, opening in 1997. One of only two breweries now in the 23 wards of Tokyo, it came about without backing from a major brewery and is modelled on a West Coast American brewery restaurant. All of the TY Harbor restaurants and bars serve the beer as standard, such as Urban BBQ Smokehouse.
Edited: TY Harbor have also started selling their beers in bottled form online at their store here.
TY Harbor Brewery Line Up
The following beers are part of the all-year round lineup
- TY Harbor Pale ale – TY Harbor’s flagship beer.
- TY Harbor Wheat ale – A Traditional Belgian style wheat ale.
- TY Harbor Amber ale – A darker than usual amber ale.
- TY Harbor I.P.A – Brewed using Czech hops.
- TY Harbor Imperial Stout – Brewed using a traditional 18th century recipe.
TY Harbor Brewery Limited Edition and Seasonal Lineup
They also produce seasonal beers throughout the year. These beers vary from year to year, and in 2014, some of the beers included:
- TY Harbor Belgian IPA – August
- TY Harbor Brazilian Fruit Ale – June
- TY Harbor Citrus Honey Ale – May
- TY Harbor Coffee Porter – April
- TY Harbor Sakura Ale – March
- TY Harbor American Barley Wine – January
TY Harbor Brewery Information
Address: 2-1-6 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa Ward, Tokyo Metropolitan District
Homepage (in Japanese): https://www.tysons.jp/brewery/
Online Store: https://www.tysons.jp/brewery/lineup/
Social Network: Facebook
TY Harbor Brewery Articles
TY Harbor Brewery Review: http://beertengoku.com/2015/02/ty-harbor-brewery/
Urban BBQ Smokehouse review: http://beertengoku.com/2014/08/urban-bbq-smokehouse-tokyo/