Morita Kinshachi Beer is the most well-known, if not biggest, craft beer produced in Nagoya, Aichi prefecture. First formed in 1996, Morita Kinshachi Beer is famous for using local Nagoya flavours, such as red miso, in their beers to produce craft beers that can be identified with the local area. However, its history can be traced back to the 19th century, something Morita Kinshachi Beer have brought back with the Mitsuboshi range of beers.
Morita Kinshachi Beer Lineup
- Kinshachi Red Label – A multiple award-winning red alt style beer.
- Kinshachi Blue Label – A multiple award-winning pilsner brewed with imported hops.
- Kinshachi Nagoya Red Miso Lager – A lager that is brewed using locally sourced red miso.
- Kinshachi Hatcho Miso Lager – A low malt beer that is brewed using miso from the Hatcho area.
- Kinshachi IPA – Kinshachi’s version of an American style IPA.
- Kinshachi Hop Kaori Beer – Brewed with extra hops to promote the hoppy aroma from the ale.
- Kinshachi Imperial Stout – Brewed from a Russian imperial stout recipe.
- Kinshachi Platinum Ale – A wheat ale based on a German recipe with extra wheat and barley.
- Kinshachi Fruits Draft Lemon – Fresh locally sourced lemons are added to the mash.
Morita Kinshachi Beer’s Mitsuboshi Lineup
The Mitsuboshi lineup of beers are based on beer recipes from 19th century Japan.
- Mitusboshi Beer Vienna – A bottom fermented beer brewed using European hops.
- Mitusboshi Beer Pale Ale – A UK style pale ale brewed using ingredients imported from the UK.
- Mitsuboshi Beer Pilsner – Brewed using Czech hops and fermented for 1.5 times longer than usual.
Morita Kinshachi Beer Details
Address: 〒484-0888 Aichi-ken Inuyama-shi, Haguro Shinden Takami 1-4
Website (in Japanese): http://www.kinshachi.jp/