Fujizakura Heights Beer, also known as Fujikankokaihatsu, is a brewery based in Yamanashi, near Kawaguchi Lake. Fujizakura Heights Beer leans heavily towards German style beers, due to the head brewer Miyashita Hiromichi learning his trade in Germany back in 1996. They have also won several awards for their beers with the Fujizakura Heights Rauch voted best rauch style beer. The biggest problem with getting Fujizakura Heights Beer is that the limited editions beers are sold in such meagre numbers its hard to get hold of them besides the official website on Rakuten.
Fujizakura Heights Beer Maine Line Up
- Fujizakura Heights Pils – A Czech style pilsner that won best German Pale Lager at the World Beer Awards in 2013.
- Fujizakura Heights Weizen – Styled as a popular beer towards women, it has also won award for the best hefeweizen on numerous occasions.
- Fujizakura Heights Rauch – Rauch, meaning smoked, is Fujizakura Heights Beer take on the German style. Has also won numerous awards.
- Fujizakura Heights Schwarz Weizen – A cross between a schwarzbier and a weizen. it was first launched in March 2014.
Fujizakura Heights Beer Seasonal and Limited Edition Line Up
- Fujizakura Heights Dark Lager – The dark lager is Fujizakura Heights Beer straight schwarzbier.
- Fujizakura Heights Doppelbock (Spring) – Brewed using twice the amount of beer as a regular German beer, it pack a punch at 8%.
- Fujizakura Heights Imperial Pilsner – a 6% imperial pilsner that is part of their limited edition lineup and was first released in March 2017, with it being unknown whether Fujizakura Heights Imperial Pilsner is going to be an annual seasonal release or a one-off.
- Fujizakura Heights Marzen – This beer is Fujizakura Heights Beer’s annual gift to the Oktoberfest gods.
- Fujizakura Heights Mugen – a 5.5% rye beer, also known as roggenbier, that first came out in March 2017 as part of their draft range.
- Fujizakura Munchen Lager – a 5% helles and part of their summer seasonal lineup. It has an IBU of 30 and won the gold medal at the 2015 World Beer Awards for the World’s Best Helles beer.
- Fujizakura Heights Rauch Weizenbock – a 7.3% summer seasonal weizenbock brewed using smoked malts.
- Fujizakura Heights Roppongi Draft 2 – a 6.5% weizenbock that is part of their draft range of beers that can be found at the BeerBar Fujizakura Roppongi branch and also made its way into bottles.
- Fujizakura Heights Sakurabock – an 8% spring seasonal double weizenbock beer that once one World’s Best German Pale Lager.
- Fujizakura Heights Weizenbock – A no-holds barred weizenbock that is only available around Christmas time.
Fujizakura Heights Beer Articles
Fujizakura Heights Beer Details
Address: 〒401-0301 Yamanashi-ken, Minamitsuru-gun, Fujikawaguchiko-machi, Funatsukenmarubi 6663-1
Website (in Japanese): Fujizakura Heights Beer
Online Store: http://www.fujizakura-beer.jp/store