Located in Shinagawa, Tokyo, TY Harbor Brewery was one of the first breweries to participate in the brewpub movement in Japan, opening in 1997. One of only a few breweries now in the 23 wards of Tokyo, it came about without backing from a major brewery and is modelled on a West Coast American brewery restaurant. All of the TY Harbor restaurants and bars serve the beer as standard, such as Urban BBQ Smokehouse.
Edited: TY Harbor have also started selling their beers in bottled form online at their store here.
TY Harbor Brewery Line Up
The following beers are part of the all-year round lineup
- TY Harbor Pale ale – TY Harbor’s flagship beer.
- TY Harbor Wheat ale – A Traditional Belgian style wheat ale.
- TY Harbor Amber ale – A darker than usual amber ale.
- TY Harbor I.P.A – Brewed using Czech hops.
- TY Harbor Imperial Stout – Brewed using a traditional 18th century recipe.
TY Harbor Brewery Limited Edition and Seasonal Lineup
They also produce seasonal and limited editions beers throughout the year.
- TY Harbor Pudding Heads – A 5.5% brown ale brewed using lactose and also vanilla beans.
- TY Harbor Arakawa Sunny Day DIPA – An 8% double IPA and was brewed as part of the limited edition lineup for BeerMa’s second anniversary of the Kita-Senju bar
TY Harbor Brewery Information
Address: 2-1-6 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa Ward, Tokyo Metropolitan District
Homepage (in Japanese): https://www.tysons.jp/brewery/
Online Store: https://www.tysons.jp/brewery/lineup/
TY Harbor Brewery Articles
TY Harbor Brewery Review: https://beertengoku.com/2015/02/ty-harbor-brewery/
Urban BBQ Smokehouse review: https://beertengoku.com/2014/08/urban-bbq-smokehouse-tokyo/