Awaji Beer is a Japanese brewery located in Hyogo, Japan. They have been brewing beer since April 1998, starting out with kölsch and alt style beers and didn’t make their first pilsner until 2010 – a rarity in Japanese brewing. Since then, they have expanded their range to six beers and can be found in both bottles and on tap across Japan. While they do not use local sea-water in their beers, they do ensure that as much of the water used in the brewing process is locally sourced.
Awaji Beer Main Lineup
The following are part of Awaji Beer’s all year round lineup
- Awaji Pilsner – a 5% German style pilsner that was first brewed in 2010.
- Awaji Red Ale – a 5% Irish red ale that is brewed using crystal malt to impart a caramel flavour.
- Awaji Weizen – a 5% German hefeweizen that was one of the first beers made by Awaji Beer back in 1998.
- Awaji Alt – a 5% alt style beer that was one of the first beers made by Awaji Beer back in 1998.
- Awaji Rice – a 5% speciality grain beer that uses locally sourced rice to make a pilsner.
- Awaji Shima Lemon – a 5% fruit beer that uses locally sourced lemons and a weizen base.
Awaji Beer Details
Address: 1022-2 Ura, Awaji, Hyōgo Prefecture 656-2305
Homepage (in Japanese): http://awajibrewery.com/
Online Store: http://www.shima-life.jp/SHOP/140430/list.html