Fujiyama Hunter’s Beer is a craft beer brewery located in Fuji city, in Shizuoka, Japan. The brewery opened April 2018, and have been bottling their beers since late 2018. One of the aim’s of Fujiyama Hunter’s Beer is to use as much local produce as possible in their beers from the Fujinomiya area in the future, though right now, the majority of the ingredients are imported from the US, Germany, and the UK while also using American, British, German and Czech hops. The water is brewed using 100% spring water from the Fuji aquifer that lies immediately under the city.
Their first beer was actually made using malt and hops grown in the Shizuoka area; however, it was only a 500L batch of golden ale and is yet to be repeated at the time of writing. Their second batch, brewed at Gotemba Kogen, was a much larger batch of 2000L using Shizuoka malt, and some locally grown hops as well.
Fujiyama Hunter’s Beer Lineup
The following are some of Fujiyama Hunter’s Beer’s. We’ll add to this list as we drink more.
- Fujiyama Hunter’s Kotatsu – a 5% fruit ale that is brewed using locally sourced mikan, or Japanese orange.
- Fujiyama Hunter’s Heisei – a 5% fruit beer brewed using rice from the local area, and also daidai, a kind of bitter orange found across Asia.
- Fujiyama Hunter’s Room – a 7.5% milk stout that uses lactose and freshly roasted coffee.
- Fujiyama Hunter’s Natsumi – a 6.5% American IPA brewed using Nelson sauvin hops.
- Fujiyama Hunter’s Osamu –
- Fujiyama Hunter’s Yabusame – a 6.5% rice IPA / specialty grain brewed locally sourced rice and also has the addition of yuzu peel.
Fujiyama Hunter’s Beer Details
Address: 12-20 Miyachō, Fujinomiya, Shizuoka 418-0067
Homepage (in Japanese): http://farment.sakura.ne.jp/
Brewery Store: N/A