Sakura Brewery is a craft beer brewery located in Kitakami, in Iwate, Japan. The brewery opened in 2015 and uses the ethos of being inspired by local products, specialties and culture. Sakura Brewery also uses local spring water to make their beers as well as imported malts from the UK and Germany, along with hops from Germany, New Zealand, and the USA.
Sakura Brewery Main Lineup
The following are part of Sakura Brewery’s all-year round lineup
- Sakura Mayflower IPA – a 7% English IPA that started life out as part of the draft range before making it into bottles in 2017.
- Sakura Hayama Lager – a 5% pilsner that contains 98% malts with adjuncts such as coriander.
- Sakura Tenshochi Sakura Ale – a 5% English pale ale named after the tree park found in Kitakami.
- Sakura Onikenbai Red Ale – a 5% amber ale with hops cultivated in the Kitakami and Iwasaki districts.
- Sakura White Lily Lager – a 5% lager that uses the same water that feeds the bamboo areas in Kitakami and Iwasaki.
- Sakura Geto Dry Stout – a 5.5% dry stout
- Sakura White Honey Ale – a 5% Belgian wit that uses the same base recipe as Obama did when he brewed in the White House.
Sakura Brewery Details
Address: 4-8-5 Ōdōri, Kitakami-shi, Iwate-ken 024-0061
Brewery Store: https://ws.formzu.net/fgen/S83340155/