Brewing since 1995, Gotemba Kogen Beer is located inside the Gotemba Kogen resort in Shizuoka, about 2 hours south of Tokyo by the bullet train. Gotemba Kogen Beer’s microbrewery brews and distributes all of its beer on site to the various restaurants though it is possible to find some of their beers outside of the resort. Gotemba Kogen Beer’s are brewed on mostly traditional German recipes such as kölsch, alt, and weizen among others.
Gotemba Kogen Beer Main Line up
Gotemba Kogen Beer’s main lineup is of the following. If the beer has an * or asterix next to the name, then it is only possible to buy it at the Gotemba Kogen resort or online.
- Gotemba Kogen Pilsner – based on the traditional Czech recipe from Pilsen.
- Gotemba Kogen Weizenbock* – a 7% strong beer from wheat in a bock style.
- Gotemba Kogen Weizen – an unfiltered German weizen brewed using a Bavarian recipe.
- Gotemba Kogen Schwarz – using roasted malt, this is schwarzbier, or a black lager in English.
- Gotemba Kogen Gotemba Koshihikari* – brewed using highest grade Japanese rice.
- Gotemba Kogen Kisetsugentei / Seasonal* – a limited edition beer that is produced from season to season.
Gotemba Kogen Beer Details
- Address: 719, Koyama Gotemba-shi, Shizuoka-ken 412-0033, Japan
- Phone: 0550-87-5500
- Website (in Japanese): Gotemba Kogen Resort