Nichinan Beer is a craft beer brewery located in Miyazaki, Kyushu and they started brewing in 2017. Nichinan Beer’s are unfiltered and contain live yeast by using non-heat treatment. All of their beers use American malt and imported Czech hops, with the local Nichinan water being rich in essential brewing ions. The owner Hashimoto-san originally discovered craft beer in Ginza back in 2010, with a desire then growing to make his own brewery. In September 2016 he got experience at Iwami Bakushu in Shimane prefecture, and in February 2017 at Shiroyama Brewery in Kagoshima Prefecture.
Nichinan Beer Lineup
The following are part of Nichinan Beer’s all-year round lineup
- Nichinan Koigaura IPA – a 7% American IPA that uses Cascade, Colombus, Citra, Simcoe, and Chinook hops.
- Nichinan Belgian White – a 5.5% Belgian witbier that uses marmalade, coriander seed, and orange peel.
- Nichinan Pane Yuzu Ale – a 5.5% fruit beer that uses yuzu peel from locally sourced fruits and also coriander seeds.
- Nichinan Umegahama – a 6.5% American IPA but the hops used are unknown.
- Nichinan Kisakihama Pale Ale – a 5.5% American Pale Ale but the hops used are unknown.
- Nichinan Sakamoto Tanada Ale – a 5.5% saison that uses locally sourced rice from the sakamoto rice steppes and also green tea.
- Nichinan Belgian White – a 5% Belgian wheat that uses yuzu peel from locally sourced fruits and also coriander seeds.
Nichinan Beer Details
Address: Agatahigashi 1-1-37, Nichinan-shi, Miyazaki, Kyushu