Snow Monkey Beer Live is an annual event held at Shiga Kogen ski resort in Nagano, Japan and is usually the starter for the beer festivals throughout the year. The event takes place over two days and combine Japanese craft beer, which we love, with music, which we love, with snowboarding and skiing, which we also love, so what is there not to love?
Breweries at this year’s Snow Monkey Beer Live include:
- Aqula Brauhaus (Akita)
- Ise Kadoya (Mie)
- Sankt Gallen Brewery (Kanagawa)
- Shonan Beer (Kanagawa)
- Johana Beer (Toyama)
- Swan Lake Beer (Niigata)
- Daisen G Beer (Tottori)
- North Island Beer (Hokkaido)
- Harvestmoon (Chiba)
- Fujizakura Heights Beer (Yamanashi)
- Baird Beer (Shizuoka)
- Minamishinshu Beer (Nagano)
- Minoh Beer (Osaka)
- Tochigi Micro Brewery (Tochigi)
- Shiga Kogen (Nagano)
The music this year is split over the three days into three session which link in to the three drinking periods over the three days so pick you tickets carefully:
The tickets are come in four different versions based on how many nights you wish to attend:
- One session ticket is priced at ¥4,200 in advance or ¥4,500 on the day which includes a special glass and five drink tickets
- Two session ticket is priced at ¥6,700 in advance or ¥7,200 on the day of purchase which includes a special glass and ten drink tickets
- All session ticket is priced at ¥9,200 in advance or ¥9,700 which includes a special glass and fifteen drink tickets
- Tickets for just Friday night cost ¥2,600 in advance or ¥2,900 in the day which includes a special glass and one drink ticket.
- Additional drinks tickets cost ¥400 per ticket.
Tickets for Snow Monkey Beer Live 2015 can be bought in advance from Eplus here or at 7/11 ticket machines using the seven code: 035-580.
Snow Monkey Beer Live Details:
Homepage (in Japanese): Snow Monkey Beer Live
How to Get to Snow Monkey Beer Live 2015
The best way to access Snow Monkey Beer Live 2015 is by car as it is in the middle of nowhere. There is also a free shuttle bus from Yudaonsen if you’re staying there as well.