Far Yeast Brewing Company is a Tokyo based company that was originally established in 2011 as Nippon Craft Beer Inc. In November 2014, after much deliberating, they decided to change the name to something that better represented their product. However, none of their beers are brewed by themselves rather Far Yeast Brewing Company is a phantom or gypsy brewing company along the lines of Mikeller. All of the beers from Far Yeast Brewing Company so far have been brewed at breweries both in and out of Japan.
Far Yeast Brewing Company Main Lineup
The following beers are part of the all-year round lineup:
- Kagua Rouge – a 9% Belgian strong ale which contains sansho, or Japanese pepper. It is brewed by De Graal in Belgium.
- Kagua Blanc – an 8% Belgian strong ale which contains yuzu, or Japanese citron. It is brewed by De Graal in Belgium.
- Far Yeast Tokyo Blonde – a 5% lager that is brewed by Gotemba Kogen and contains Nelson Sauvin and Saaz hops.
- Far Yeast Tokyo White – a 5% saison brewed by Gotemba Kogen with a wheat base.
Far Yeast Brewing Company Limited Edition and Seasonal Lineup
The following beers are part of the limited edition and seasonal lineup:
- Far Yeast Session Belgian Ale – s a 4.5% Belgian witbier brewed with yuzu and sansho, rather than orange and coriander.
- Far Yeast Tokyo White Weizen Edition – is a 5.5% hefeweizen beer based on Far Yeast Tokyo White with added yeast specifically designed for weizen beers and with the addition of Citra hops.
- Far Yeast Tokyo IPA 2015 – a 5% American IPA brewed at Gotemba Kogen.
- Far Yeast Tokyo Blonde Export – a 5.5% saison that is based on the regular Far Yeast Tokyo Blonde but with added hops.
- Far Yeast First Ascent IPA – a 5% American IPA which is part of the spring line up
Far Yeast Brewing Company Details:
Address: 〒106-0031 Tokyo, Minato-ku, Nishiazabu 1-10-8
Homepage (in English): http://faryeast.com/en/
Homepage (in Japanese): http://faryeast.com/