Far Yeast Brewing Company is a Tokyo based company that was originally established in 2011 as Nippon Craft Beer Inc. In November 2014, after much deliberating, they decided to change the name to something that better represented their product. However, none of their beers are brewed by themselves rather Far Yeast Brewing Company is a phantom or gypsy brewing company along the lines of Mikeller. All of the beers from Far Yeast Brewing Company so far have been brewed at breweries both in and out of Japan.
Far Yeast Brewing Company Main Lineup
The following beers are part of the all-year round lineup:
- Kagua Rouge – a 9% Belgian strong ale which contains sansho, or Japanese pepper. It is brewed by De Graal in Belgium.
- Kagua Blanc – an 8% Belgian strong ale which contains yuzu, or Japanese citron. It is brewed by De Graal in Belgium.
- Far Yeast Tokyo Blonde – a 5% lager that is brewed by Gotemba Kogen and contains Nelson Sauvin and Saaz hops.
- Far Yeast Tokyo White – a 5% saison brewed by Gotemba Kogen with a wheat base.
Far Yeast Brewing Company Limited Edition and Seasonal Lineup
The following beers are part of the limited edition and seasonal lineup:
- Far Yeast Abbey Baby – a 7% Belgian dubbel brewed in collaboration with Brewpub Têtard Vallée, a craft beer bar in Osaka.
- Far Yeast Barrel Aged Strong Ale Red Wine – a 10.5% Belgian strong ale that has been aged in red wine casks.
- Far Yeast Barrel Aged Strong Ale White Wine – a 10.5% Belgian strong ale that has been aged in white wine casks.
- Far Yeast Belgian Stout – a 7.5% stout where they took a foreign stout as their base and then used Belgian yeast to ferment followed up by some secondary fermentation in the bottle.
- Far Yeast Bicycle Coffee IPA – a 6% Belgian IPA that is part of a collaborative effort Far Yeast Brewing Company did with Bicycle Coffee Tokyo.
- Far Yeast Final Cut Session Ale – a 5% session IPA that is part of a collaborative project they did with Transporter magazine, and it can be found in both bottles and on tap.
- Far Yeast Nightcrawler – a 6% NEIPA brewed in collaboration with Transporter magazine.
- Far Yeast Session Belgian Ale – s a 4.5% Belgian witbier brewed with yuzu and sansho, rather than orange and coriander.
- Far Yeast Suginamic Bitter Ale – a 4.5% English mild brewed in collaboration with Suganami Brewery
- Far Yeast Tapecut IIPA – an 8% imperial / double IPA that was first released in July 2017.
- Far Yeast Tokyo White Weizen Edition – is a 5.5% hefeweizen beer based on Far Yeast Tokyo White with added yeast specifically designed for weizen beers and with the addition of Citra hops.
- Far Yeast Tokyo IPA 2015 – a 5% American IPA brewed at Gotemba Kogen.
- Far Yeast Yuzu Session IPA – a 4.5% session IPA that is part of a collaborative effort Far Yeast Brewing Company did with Beer Ma to celebrate the shop’s first year anniversary.
Far Yeast Brewing Company Articles
- Far Yeast Tokyo Craft Beer & Bao in Shibuya – the taproom for Far Yeast Brewing Company with Chinese steamed buns, known as bao.
Far Yeast Brewing Company Details
Address: 〒106-0031 Tokyo, Minato-ku, Nishiazabu 1-10-8
Homepage (in English): http://faryeast.com/en/
Homepage (in Japanese): http://faryeast.com/
Online Store: https://faryeast.stores.jp/