Myoko Kogen Beer is a craft beer brewery located in Myoko Kogen, in Niigata, Japan. The brewery open in May 1998 and enlisted the help of the oldest Czech brewery U Fleck to help brew some beers based on the water sourced from the local area. All the beers use European malt and hops from Eastern Europe alongside the mountain spring water.
Myoko Kogen Beer Main Lineup
The following beers are part of Myoko Kogen Beer’s all-year round lineup.
- Myoko Kogen Pilsner – a 5% Czech pilsner that uses imported Czech Saaz hops.
- Myoko Kogen Weizen – a 5% German hefeweizen brewed using a Bavarian recipe.
- Myoko Kogen Dark Lager – a 5% schwarzbier brewed with four different kinds of malts being Pilsner, Caramel, Munchen, and Black.
Myoko Kogen Beer Seasonal & Limited Edition Lineup
The following beers are part of Myoko Kogen Beer’s seasonal & limited edition lineup.
- Myoko Kogen Haneuma IPA – a 6% English IPA
- Myoko Kogen Golden Ale – A 5% golden ale and is part of the autumn seasonal line up.
Myoko Kogen Beer Details
Address: Ike no Taira Onsen, Myoko-shi, Niigata Prefecture, Japan 949-2112
Homepage (in Japanese): http://www.alpen-blick.com/blog/tatra/
Online Store: https://www.rakuten.co.jp/myokokogenbeer/