Yorocco Beer is a craft beer brewery located in Zushi, Kanagawa prefecture that opened in September 2012. The owner and head brewer, Kichise-san started out owning a bar in Enoshima for almost a decade before moving into the brewing business. Yorocco Beer originally started out serving beer to local restaurants and bars in the area and Beach Muffin in Zushi became the de facto taproom for their beers. Unlike many breweries in Japan, Kichise-san employs secondary fermentation to induce carbonation into their beers. While predominantly a draft production brewery, in 2016 they started offering a monthly supply of bottled beers.
Yorocco Beer Bottle Line up
At the time of writing, some of these beers are limited edition however it is unknown whether they will be reproduced again.
- Yorocco Black Saint – an 8% imperial porter that was first released in bottled form in January 2016.
- Yorocco Kinkan Blond – a 5% fruit blond that was first released in bottled from in February 2016 and was brewed with almost 2000 hand cut kinkans, or kumquats.
- Yorocco IPA – a 6% American IPA that can be found in both bottles and on tap.
- Yorocco Saison – a 4% Saison directly influenced from the original Belgian style rather than the American take.
- Yorocco Cultivator – a 6% Belgian pale ale influenced by American IPAs and Belgian ales.
- Yorocco Ace of Space – a 5.5% black saison collaborative beer brewed with Metal Battle Japan.
Yorocco Beer Draft Lineup
The following beers are some of the draft beers we’ve reviewed and expect this list to grow.
- Yorocco Skywalker IPA – a 6% IPA that was first released in 2014 and then again in 2016.
- Yorocco Zesty Saison – a 4.5% saison brewed with amanatsu, sometimes known as natsumikan.
- Yorocco Cherry Maple Porter – a 5% porter brewed using fresh maple, coffee and vanilla beans
Yorocco Beer Details
Address: 〒249 0001, Kanagawa Prefecture, Zushi, 3 Chome-7-2 Hisagi
Homepage (in Japanese): http://www.yorocco-beer.com/
Yorocco Beer Articles
The following are articles for Yorocco Beer: