Yokohama gets its first BeerFes of the year in April the Great Japan Beer Festival, aka BeerFes Yokohama Spring returns for more two-day drinking. This annual event gets bigger every year and this year is no different with over 200 different beers available for tasting.
Held at Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal, BeerFes Yokohama Spring is held from the Saturday 16th April to Sunday 17th April and has breweries from Japan, with some import beers also on sale.
The timings for the Saturday have also changed with two time slots. The first being from 11:30 to 15:00, with last call at 11:45 and the second from 16:00 to 19:30 with last call at 19:15. The last day of the event only has one time slot this year, with it being from 12:30 to 16:00 with last orders at 15:45 due to judging and tidying up.
Tickets for the Saturday of BeerFes Yokohama Spring can be purchased for ¥4,600 in advance or for ¥5,500 on the day. Tickets for the other days at the BeerFes Yokohama event can be purchased in advance, at ¥4,600, which includes a special event glass, at either PassMart here, in English, or in convenience stores. If you want a food ticket, that includes ¥1,000 that can go towards food, then tickets start from ¥5,500 yen. Tickets do sell out quickly for this event and last year was a sell out. With over 9,000 people expected this year over the weekend, the Great Japan Beer Festival is likely to sell out before the weekend.
Breweries Attending BeerFes Yokohama Spring 2016
- Hokkaido Beer Pirakawakka (Hokkaido)
- Hakodate Beer (Hokkaido)
- Oirase Brewery (Aomori)
- Aqula Beer (Akita)
- Tazawako Beer (Akita)
- Yumehana Masa Shuzo (Iwate)
- Iwate Kura Beer (Iwate)
- Inawashiro Beer (Fukushima)
- Nasu Kohgen Beer (Tochigi)
- Kobushi Hana Beer (Saitama)
- Tokorozawa Beer (Saitama)
- Kujukuri Ocean Beer (Chiba)
- Harvestmoon (Chiba)
- Far Yeast Brewing (Tokyo)
- Brimmer Brewing (Kanagawa)
- Yokohama Beer (Kanagawa)
- Hakone Beer (Kanagawa)
- Fujizakura Heights Beer (Yamanashi)
- Yo-Ho Brewing (Nagano)
- Shiga Kogen Beer (Nagano)
- Tainai Kohgen Beer (Niigata)
- Usami Brewery (Shizuoka)
- Kase no Tani Beer (Shizuoka)
- Izu no Kuni Beer (Shizuoka)
- Morita Kinshachi Beer (Aichi)
- Ise Kadoya (Mie)
- Minoh Beer (Osaka)
- Craft Heart Breweru (Hiroshima)
- Kure Beer (Hiroshima)
- Yamaguchi Brewery (Yamaguchi)
- Brewmaster (Fukuoka)
- Helios Craft Beer (Okinawa)
How to Get To Tickets For BeerFes Yokohama Spring 2016
Tickets for the BeerFes Yokohama Spring 2016 event can be bought at the following places:
- Ticket Pia using the P code: 990-203 (regular) or 909-202 (includes food ticket for ¥1,000)
- Seven ticket using the seven code 044-367 here.
- e+ from either the e+ homepage or FamilyMart
- JTB Ticket machines
- Lawson ticket at either Lawson or Ministop using the L Code : 32339
- Or the BeerTaster homepage here.
How to Get To Tickets For BeerFes Yokohama Spring 2016 – Osanbashi Pier
The closest station is Nihonodori on the Minatomirai line, about 7 minutes from Yokohama station. If you are coming on JR, then Kannai station is the closest on the Keihin-Tohoku Line.
Is this an all you can drink type of event?
Yes, that’s right.
Thanks. Fingers crossed I can still get tix on Wednesday when I arrive in Tokyo.
Should be plenty going – we’ve just updated the initial brewery list though expect more to come in the following weeks. What time slot are you planning on attending?
Last call 11:45?????
Yes. As soon as you go in it’s last orders.
Jokes aside it’s supposed to be 15 mins before closing.