Mizonokuchi Brewery is a microbrewery / brewpub located in Mizonokuchi in Kanagawa, Japan. The brewery opened in the Spring of 2022 and opened after the head brewer, Yasukawa-san, had done some brewing experience at a brewery in Tokyo.
The aim behind Mizonokuchi Brewery is to help generate a community space that people can come in and use to both drink in and also to help formulate recipes for beers. The brewery has also created various brands of beers that fall under the Mizonokuchi Brewery umbrella. The first brand is called “Nokuchi Beers” because they wanted to grow it together with the local people, and are of the three popular styles at the time of opening: IPA, pale ale, and a hazy IPA.
The brewery location, at the time of writing, has Five beer tanks and a “tap room” connected through glass are installed so that beer makers can see easily which of their beers are selling quickly and customers can see what is happening in the brewery as they drink.
Mizonokuchi Brewery : Lineup
The following are some of the beers we’ve had from Mizonokuchi Brewery:
- Mizonokuchi Warauto Hopper – a 7% hazy IPA that uses Citra and Mosaic hops during the boil, but Azacca during the dry hop stages.
- Mizonokuchi Hazy IPA – a 4.5% hazy IPA though it’s unknown what hops went into the making of it.
- Mizonokuchi Pale Ale – a 5% American pale ale though it’s unknown what hops went into the making of it.
Mizonokuchi Brewery : Articles
The following are some of the articles we’ve written about Mizonokuchi Brewery:
- Mizonokuchi Brewery Taproom – we visited the taproom in October 2022.
Mizonokuchi Brewery : Information
- Address: 〒213-0001 Kanagawa, Kawasaki, Takatsu Ward, Mizonokuchi, 3 Chome−2−5 1F BOIL
- Phone: –
- Homepage (in Japanese): https://mizonokuchibrewery.com/
- Online Store: https://mizonokuchibrewery.com/collections/all
- Social Media: Facebook / Instagram