Suginoya Beer is a craft beer brewery located in Hakata city, in Fukuoka prefecture, Japan. Like many other craft beer breweries in Japan, Suginoya Beer started life out as an off-shoot in 197 from a sake distillery that opened up over 100 years ago, back in 1870. Moreover, they also use locally sourced mountain water for their beers, which is also the same water used in the sake distillery too. On the grounds of the distillery and brewery, there is also a bakery too, in which they use their alcoholic beverages to make some of their breads too.
Suginoya Beer Main Lineup
The following beers are part of Suginoya Beer’s all-year round lineup.
- Suginoya Amber – a 5% amber ale that uses imported malts and hops.
- Suginoya Pale Ale – a 5% American pale ale that is also sometimes sold as Hakata Pale Ale.
- Suginoya Stout – a 5% English stout that is sometimes labelled as Hakata Stout, and is brewed using honey malt.
- Suginoya Alt – a 5% alt brewed using a traditional recipe from Dusseldorf.
Sugnioya Beer Seasonal & Limited Edition Lineup
The following beers are part of Suginoya Beer’s seasonal and limited edition lineup.
- Suginoya Ikasuchisan Bock – a 5% bock beer that is part of their winter lineup.
- Sugnoya White Beer – a 5% hefeweizen first released in 2018.
Suginoya Beer Details
Address: 1442 Motooka, Nishi Ward, Fukuoka, Fukuoka Prefecture
Homepage (in Japanese): http://www.suginoya.co.jp/index.html
Brewery Store: http://suginoya.shop-pro.jp/?mode=cate&cbid=1592137&csid=0