Omori Sanno Brewery is a Japanese microbrewery located in Ota-ku, in Tokyo, Japan. The brewery opened in July 2019 with the aim of improving the image of Omori, which was once an esteemed area of Tokyo to be seen eating and drinking in. Omori was also once a famous seaweed producing area, with it being situated on the edge of Tokyo Bay. The brewery itself though is a community run effort, with local people coming together, designing a beer together, and then the brewers making the product.
Omori Sanno Brewery : Regular Lineup
The following are some of the regular beers from Omori Sanno Brewery.
- Omori Sanno An – a 5% Belgian white ale that uses Nelson Sauvin hops.
- Omori Sanno Chiyo – a 5.5% India pale lager that uses Saaz and Talas hops.
- Omori Sanno George – a 5.5% hefeweizen that uses iyokans sourced from Nakajima, Ehime Prefecture.
- Omori Sanno Kamata Ale – a 5.5% English pale ale that uses locally sourced honey in the beer.
- Omori Sanno Kaoru – a 5% pale ale that uses locally sourced sea salt and rice. It is named after Inoue Kaoru, who was a Japanese politician and a prominent member of the Meiji oligarchy during the Meiji period of the Empire of Japan.
- Omori Sanno Naomi – a 5% coffee pale ale that uses coffee cherries and is named after one of the bar staff who used to work at Omori Sanno Brewery.
Omori Sanno Brewery : Limited & Seasonal Lineup
The following are some of the limited and seasonal beers from Omori Sanno Brewery.
- Omori Sanno You – a 7.5% Belgian strong ale that uses 6 different kinds of malts as well as 4 different kinds of hops, though which ones are unknown at the time of writing.
Omori Sanno Brewery : Information
- Address: 3-1-2 Sanno, Ota City, Tokyo 143-0023
- Phone: 050-3198-9420
- Homepage (in Japanese): https://www.omorisannobrewery.tokyo/
- Online Store: https://omorisannobrewery.com/
- Social Media: Facebook / Instagram / Twitter