Yggdrasil Brewing is a brewpub and brewery located in Hiratsua, in Kanagawa, Japan. Yggdrasil Brewing opened in August 2018; however, their first on-site beers came later in 2019. Yggdrasil Brewing is owned and run by Davido Gardamoto, Yggdrasil Brewing takes its name from the fictional tree that appears in Nordic mythology”Yggdrasil”. Davido, from Brittany, France and loves heavy metal and beer and has been listening to hardcore heavy metal since he was a kid and combines running the brewery with being a promoter of heavy metal bands. Davido studied beer making at the brewery in Hamburg, Germany, and after coming to Japan, he continued to work as a phantom brewery – companies that brew beers at various breweries but do not own their own equipment.
Yggdrasil Brewing Lineup
The following are some the beers we’ve had from Yggdrasil Brewing:
- Yggdrasil Beer Patrol – a 6.66% India Pale Lager and since it was created on December 8th and the death day of the late Dimebag Darrell, it also has the name “Vulgar Display Of Lager”.
- Yggdrasil Citrus Skal – a 4.6% European lager brewed using hyuganatsu, a citrus fruit and plant grown in Japan.
- Yggdrasil Hop Ensemble – a 6.66% Red IPA brewed using a blend of French Triskel hops and American Equanot hops.
- Yggdrasil Mori no Nakamatachi – a 4% spiced saison brewed using imported Barbe Rouge, Strisselspalt, and Mistra hops from France and takes its inspratione from Sahti, a Finnish kind of beer.
- Yggdrasil White Noise – a 4.4% wheat beer.
- Yggdrasil Brewing Roundup – a roundup of some of the draft beers we’ve had at Yggdrasil Brewing.
Yggdrasdil Brewing Articles
- Yggdrasil Brewing – The brewpub located in Hiratsuka
Yggdrasil Brewing Details
Address: 44-7 Yuhigaoka, Hiratsuka, Kanagawa 254-0806
Homepage (in Japanese): http://www.yggdrasil-brewing.com/
Brewery Store: https://yggdrasil-brewing.myshopify.com/