Ushitora is not just a chain of craft beer bars, but they also have a brewery, which opened in October 2014, with the purpose of better serving beers that their clients liked. Since opening, they have seen a number of brewers pass through their ranks, with Luc Bim Lafontine (Dieu de Ciel!, Godspeed) and Uetake-san (Coedo, Hop Kotan) both having worked at Ushitora at one point. The brewery is located in Tochigi as they were unable to find a suitable location near the two branches of the stores in Shimokitazawa. Ushitora are also well-known for releasing little to no information about their beers as well.
The following of some of the beers from Ushitora that we’ve had:
- Ushitora Yabai Double IPA – an 8.5% imperial / double IPA that has an IBU of 100.
- Ushitora 9 Chai – a 7% spice beer brewed using chai spice.
- Ushitora Ultra Juicy – a 6% American weisse.
- Ushitora Fujin – a 7.3% American IPA that was brewed with Zeus Extract, Citra, Simcoe, Cascade, and Amarillo hops.
- Ushitora Okaeri Pils – a 5.5% pilsner
- Ushitora Virgin Trip IPA – a 7.2% American IPA.
- Ushitora Mashi Mashi no Kuro Summer Edition – a 9.3% Imperial stout
- Ushitora One Pint Mind Double IPA – a 8.4% Double / Imperial IPA brewed using 5 different fresh hops: Citra, Cascade, Simcoe, Centennial, and Galaxy, with also two kinds of hop extract: Aurora Extract and Zeus Extract.
- Ushitora First Impact – a 7.3% American Black IPA / Belgian strong ale
Address: 142-3 Sasahara, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329-0402
Homepage (in Japanese): http://blog.ushitora.jp/
Brewery Store: N/A
Social Media: Facebook