Chiga Beer Store is a bricks-and-mortar beer store based in Osaka, Japan, that specialises in both domestic and imported craft beer from around the world. The store came highly recommended to use from a reader (Thanks Phil!) who pointed out that they also have an online store as well, that thankfully, doesn’t use Rakuten. Chiga Beer Store uses the same shop front as one of our favourite stores, Beer Volta, so you can be safe with your online purchases.
While the range of beers at Chiga Beer Store predominantly focuses on imports, there is a good showing of domestic beers, with larger breweries such as Ise Kadoya, Baird Beer, Coedo, and Shiga Kogen well represented, as well as smaller ones such as Uchu Brewing, Usami Brewery, and Far Yeast Brewing Company too on there. The prices are roughly the same as other online stores – not too many discrepancies on there. The most important thing is that all of their beers are well-kept, with them all being stored in closed refrigeration units, rather than being left out.
Shipping prices vary across the country:
- Hokkaido costs ¥2,160
- North Tohoku – Aomori, Akita, Iwate – ¥1,728
- South Tohoku – Miyagi, Yamagata, Fukushima – ¥1,620
- Kanto – Gunma, Tochigi, Yamanashi, Ibaraki, Chiba, Saitama, Kanagawa, Tokyo – ¥1,512
- Shin’etsu – Niigata, Nagano – ¥1,512
- Hokuriku – Toyama, Ishikawa, Fukui – ¥1,404
- Chubu – Shizuoka, Aichi, Mie, Gifu – ¥1,404
- Kansai – Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Shiga, Hyogo, Wakayama – ¥1,404
- Chugoku – Tottori, Shimane, Yamaguchi, Hiroshima, Okayama – ¥1,404
- Shikoku – Ehime, Kagawa, Kochi, Tokushima – ¥1,512
- Kyushu – Fukuoka, Kagoshima, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Oita, Miyazaki, Saga – ¥1,512
- Okinawa – ¥2,592
Those prices include cool shipping and Chiga Beer Store accepts cash on delivery or bank transfer payments only – good for those people that don’t have a credit card.
Chiga Beer Store Details
Homepage (in Japanese): http://e-youshu.net/