Kirishima Beer is a craft beer brewery located in Miyazaki, in Kyushu, Japan. The parent company started out life as shochu distillery back in 1916, with the brewery starting out in 1998. However, in 2016, they decided to revamp their lineup and brewery. This revamp saw an expansion in their manufacturing line, a redesign of their beers, and a focus on using as much local produce where possible. This meant that Kirishima Beer uses local spring water from the underground system known as Kirishima Reika Water, which is also the same water used in their shochu production.
Kirishima Beer Main Lineup
The following are part of Kirishima Beer’s all-year round lineup.
- Kirishima Amber – a 5% amber that uses imported caramel malt.
- Kirishima Hyuganatsu – a 5% fruit beer that uses hyuganatsu and lemons sourced from Miyazaki.
- Kirishima Pale Ale – a 5% American pale ale that uses imported US hops though which ones are unknown at the time of writing.
- Kirishima Pilsner – a 5% German pilsner that was the first beer from Kirishima Beer.
- Kirishima Stout – a 5% English style stout that uses roasted malt.
Kirishima Beer Details
Address: 4-28-1, Shimokawahigashi, Miyakonojo-shi, Kyushu , Japan 885-8588
Homepage (in Japanese): https://www.kirishima.co.jp/brand/beer/
Brewery Store: http://www.kirishima-product.com/products/beer/set/hppas/