Hakuba Brewing Company is a craft beer brewery located in Hakuba Village, Nagano, Japan. They are the only brewery located in the area and use the local snow from Japan’s largest all-year round glacier in their beer. The brewery started in December 2015 and can also boost to be the only brewery in Japan to be 100% emission free as all the carbon dioxide produced during the brewing process is collected and used for carbonation of the beers in bottling. On top of this, all of the brewery is powered by hydroelectricity. Hakuba isn’t known for its malts and hops so Hakuba Brewing Company imports them primarily from Norwich, UK from the highly regarded Crisp Malting Company. The hops come from the USA, with Simcoe, Amarillo, and Cascade among some of the hops that they use.
Hakuba Brewing Company Main Line Up
The following beers are part of the all-year round lineup:
- Hakuba Pale Ale – a 5% American pale ale brewed using imported American hops and was first released in March 2016.
- Hakuba Black – a 5% Cascadian Dark Ale, or Black IPA, and their second bottled release.
- Hakuba IPA – a 6% American IPA.
- Hakuba Session IPA – a 4% session IPA brewed using Amarillo hops.
- Hakuba Amber – a 5% American amber brewed using imported US Chinook hops.
Hakuba Brewing Company Details
Address: Hokujō 11420−1, Hakuba-mura, Kitaazumi-gun, 399-9301 Nagano-ken
Brewery Store: https://www.hakubabrewery.com/collections/frontpage