Vertere Beer is a microbrewery located in Okutama, in western Tokyo, Japan. The brewery opened up March 2016 and also operate a small bar called Beer Café Vertere. Vertere founders, Hikari Suzuki and brewer Tsukino Kokage are two friends from high school. In December 2014, they established the Vertere company with the idea of “Imagine who, where and how to drink, and create a memorable beer experience”, after which Beer Cafe Vertere opened on July 6, 2015 in Okutama.
Vertere Beer Lineup
The following are part of Vertere Beer’s we’ve had at BeerTengoku. This list will expand as we have more of their beers.
- Vertere Aria – A 5.7% American Pale Ale hopped using imported American Citra hops.
- Vertere Aurora – A 6% saison brewed using Pale 2 Row, Maris Otter, Okutama Barley, Pilsner, wheat and uses Sorachi Ace, Huell Melon hops.
- Vertere Californica – A 7% American IPA brewed using Maris Otter, Munich, Carared, and Melanondin, with a very American hop bill of Columbus, Simcoe, Cascade, and Chinook.
- Vertere Casimiroa – A 7.5% NE-IPA brewed using Maris Otter, Golden Promise, Oats, Wheat, Carapils, and the mandatory lactose as part of its grain bill, and then hopped using imported Citra, Mosaic, and El Dorado.
- Vertere Globba – A 6.5% spiced stout brewed using Pale 2 row, Maris Otter, Carafa, Black, Flaked Oats, and Melanoidin, and then hopped with imported Hallertau hops from Germany. It uses imported Indian chai spice too.
- Vertere Magnolia – A 7.2% double IPA hopped using Idaho7 and El Dorado hops imported from the USA.
- Vertere Meconopsis – A 6.8% American IPA brewed with Maris Otter, Munich t2, Pilsner, and Vienna malts, alongside Columbus, Azacca, Centennial, Chinook, Cascade, and Citra hops.
- Vertere Milk Stout – A 5% milk stout brewed using lactose during fermentation.
- Vertere Ritro #2 – A 5.3% blonde ale brewed with the aim of not getting bitterness from the hops, essentially giving it an IBU of 0 (how is that possible?) and contains Pale 2 Row, Chit malt, Oats, wickiup, Oats Malt along with Strata, Ella, Nelson Sauvin hops.
- Vertere Red IPA – A 5.6% American IPA.
Vertere Beer Details
Address: 211 Hikawa, Okutama, Tōkyō-to 198-0212
Brewery Store: https://vertere.shop-pro.jp/