Hakkaisan Izumi Beer is a Japanese craft beer brewery, located in Niigata, Japan. Like many other beer breweries in Japan, Hakkaisan Izumi Beer is an off-shoot of a sake company called Hakkaisan, which is more famous for the Japanese sake brand, imaginatively titled Hakkaisan. Like the range of sake, Hakkaisan Izumi Beer uses locally sourced water from the “Spring water from Raiden” for all brands of Hakkaisan. The spring water is brought to the factory from the foot of Mt. Hakkai through pipe line. The brewery itself is part of the local Hakkaisan Izumi Village; which also incorporates a bakery, restaurant, and shops.
Hakkaisan Izumi Beer Main Lineup
The following beers are part of the all-year round lineup from Hakkaisan Izumi Beer
- Hakkaisan Izumi Pilsner – a 5% pilsner brewed to a traditional German recipe.
- Hakkaisan Izumi Weizen – a 5% German hefeweizen that is brewed using German malts and hops.
Hakkaisan Izumi Beer Seasonal Lineup
The following beers are part of the seasonal lineup from Hakkaisan Izumi Beer
- Hakkaisan Izumi Porter – a 5% English porter that is brewed using English malts and hops. It’s part of the winter seasonal range.
- Hakkaisan Izumi Alt – a 5% Altbier that is brewed during the warmer months of the year.
- Hakkaisan Izumi Pale Ale – a 5.5% American pale ale that makes sporadic appearances throughout the year.
Hakkaisan Izumi Beer Details
Address: 1051 Nagamori, Minamiuonuma-shi, Niigata-ken 949-7112