Kankiku Shuzo, makers of Kujukuri Ocean Beer, is a craft beer brewery located in Chiba, Japan. Like many other breweries in Japan, Kankiku Shuzo started making out sake back in 1883. After travelling to England, France, and Germany, they began making beer in July 1997. Kujukuri Ocean Beer is brewed using traditional German methods that fulfil the Reinheitsgebot purity laws. Moreover, the water they use to brew beer comes from the same source they use for making their sake.
Kankiku Shuzo Main Lineup
The following beers are part of the Kujukuri Ocean Beer all year round lineup:
- Kujukuri Ocean Beer Pale Ale – a 5% American pale ale that is brewed using imported American hops.
- Kujukuri Ocean Beer Weizen – a 5% German hefeweizen that is brewed using 50% wheat male as the base.
- Kujukuri Ocean Beer Pilsner – a 5% German pilsner brewed with imported ingredients from Germany.
- Kujukuri Ocean Beer Stout – a 7% English-style stout brewed to a traditional English recipe.
- Kujukuri Ocean Beer Koshihikari Rice Ale – a 5% Japanese rice lager that is brewed using the same kind of rice as used in the brewery for their sake.
- Kujukuri Ocean Beer IPA – a 6.5% American IPA that was released in 2015 and contains Simcoe and Nelson Sauvin hops.
Kankiku Shuzo Details
Address: 11 Takenosato, Matsuo-cho, Sanbu-gun, Chiba Prefecture, Japan 289-1532
Homepage (in Japanese): http://www.kankiku.com/
Online store (in Japanese): http://fusanokankiku.cart.fc2.com/?ca=3