Hansharo Beer is a craft beer brewery located in Izunokuni city, Shizuoka. The brewery was founded in 1996, soon after the Japanese government loosened the restrictions for the beer licensing system. Like other breweries at the time, Hansharo Beer is owned by Kuraya Narusawa. The brewery and restaurant are near Izu Nagaoka Station on the Izu Hakone Line, about 20 minutes from Mishima station. The name stems from the old iron furnaces used to forge cannons in the mid-1800s.
Hansharo Beer Lineup
The following beers are part of the all-year round lineup:
- Hansharo Tarozaemon – a 5% English pale ale brewed with Maris Otter and Crystal malt and hopped with Bramling Cross.
- Hansharo Hayakumo – a 5% American pale ale hopped with Saphir, Simcoe, Cascade (UK), Polaris, Hallertau Blanc, and dry-hopped with Hallertau Blanc.
- Hansharo Daiginjo Masako – a 5% speciality beer brewed with sake yeast
- Hansharo Yoritomo – a 5% English style porter brewed using imported malts from the UK.
Hansharo Beer Seasonal and Limited Edition Lineup
The following beers are part of the seasonal, limited edition, or draft line up:
- Hansharo Belgian Pale Ale – a 5% Belgian pale ale brewed with their Tarozaemon pale ale and Belgian yeast rather than their usual strain.
- Hansharo Mikado – a 9.5% Russian imperial stout that is part of their winter lineup of beers. It contains Phoenix, Admiral, and Bramling Cross hops.
Hansharo Beer Details
Address: 268-1 Naka, Izunokuni-shi, Shizuoka Prefecture
Phone: (055) 949-1208
Homepage (in Japanese): http://www.kuraya-narusawa.co.jp/brewing/
Online Store: http://beer.kuraya-narusawa.co.jp/