Ise Kadoya Brewery, which opened in 1997, is a brewery located in Ise city, Mie prefecture. The name Ise Kadoya stems from the area of Japan the brewery is located in and also the family name that has been passed down over the last few centuries. It is owned by the Ise Kadoya Company which also runs a shop called Nikenchaya with links to the local Ise Grand Shrine that dates back to the Edo era as a mochi shop. The brewery runs a brewpub/restaurant called Biyagura which is the primary place for drinking or buying their beer.
Ise Kadoya Brewery Main Lineup
The Ise Kadoya main line up consists of the following beers:
- Ise Kadoya Brown Ale – a 5% brown ale that was first brewed in 2005 in response to the popularity of the pale ale.
- Ise Kadoya Ise Pilsner – a 5% Czech pilsner brewed using Saaz hops.
- Ise Kadoya Kumono Kudo Beer – a 5% brown ale brewed as a homage to the Kumono Kudo World Heritage site.
- Ise Kadoya Pale Ale – A 5% American pale ale that has won numerous international beer awards.
- Ise Kadoya Premium Kagura Beer – a 6.5% IPA brewed using Citra hops.
- Ise Kadoya Sinto Beer – Pronounced “shinto”, this is a 5.5% pale ale throwback to the Meiji era of beer.
- Ise Kadoya Stout – A 5% English style stout that is brewed with six different kinds of malts.
Ise Kadoya Brewery Seasonal Lineup
Ise Kadoya Brewery produces a lot of seasonal beers, so as we drink them, we’ll list them here for you
- Ise Kadoya Cardamom Porter – An 8% spiced porter brewed with orange peel, cacao powder, and also cardamom.
- Ise Kadoya Crossing New IPA – a 6.5% American IPA that was brewed with TY Harbor as part of Ise Kadoya’s and TY Harbor’s 20th anniversary
- Ise Kadoya Golden Dragon – A 4% American pale ale and part of their collaborative series with Transporter magazine
- Ise Kadoya Grapefruit IPA – A 6% IPA brewed using fresh grapefruits in the mash.
- Ise Kadoya Hanakin Saison – A 4% saison that contains four different kinds of hops.
- Ise Kadoya Happy Hop IPA – A6% American IPA brewed with Simcoe and Citra being two traditional IPA hops used, along with the two “new” hops of Polaris and Wakatu.
- Ise Kadoya Hime White – First brewed in 2009, this is a 5% Belgian witbier that contains yuzu instead of orange peel.
- Ise Kadoya Imperial Red Ale – First released in 2011, this is an IBU 85 red ale with an abv of 6%.
- Ise Kadoya Hoppy Potter – A 6% hoppy brown porter with an IBU of 35.
- Ise Kadoya Imperial India Pale Ale – n 8% double IPA that uses 10 different hops added at 120 different intervals. The hops used in Ise Kadoya Imperial India Pale Ale are Cascade, Galaxy, Amarillo, Topaz, Centennial, Sorachi Ace, Columbus, Stella, Citra, and Willamette.
- Ise Kadoya Lush Hop IPA – A 6% IPA that uses yeast imported in from San Diego.
- Ise Kadoya Malty Fields – A 5% English pale ale that was first brewed in 2011.
- Ise Kadoya Mosaic IPA – Brewed exclusively with Mosaic hops to produce an IBU 45 IPA with an abv of 6%.
- Ise Kadoya Mt. Cook IPA – Take New Zealand Nelson Sauvin hops and make a 6% IPA.
- Ise Kadoya Nachtmusik #2 Almond Coffee Stout – a 5% stout that was a collaborative brew with the Facebook Cheers With Beer! group
- Ise Kadoya Niihime – a 5% fruit beer brewed using niihime (新姫) which is a fruit from Mie prefecture that was the result of hybridization between a tachibana (a kind of citrus fruit) and a mandarin orange.
- Ise Kadoya Scotch Ale – A 7% Scotch ale that has had continued evolution since 1997.
- Ise Kadoya Southern Fruits Wheat – A 5% wheat beer that contains mango, passion fruit, guava, and pineapple in the mash.
- Ise Kadoya Strong Stout – A 9% imperial stout that is Ise Kadoya’s strongest beer on sale.
- Ise Kadoya The Force IPA – A 6.5% American IPA and is brewed using Citra, Equinox, and also Mosaic hops.
- Ise Kadoya Tokyo Wheat – A 4% wheat beer that was made to celebrate Tokyo Beer Week in 2015.
- Ise Kadoya Triple Hop IPA – A 6% IPA hopped with Amarillo, Citra, and Simcoe hops.
- Ise Kadoya Up Up IPA – a 6% American IPA brewed in collaboration with Uetake-san and uses imported American Amarillo, Cascade, and Mosaic hops.
- Ise Kadoya Uramura Kaki Stout – A 6% oyster stout that is brewed with locally sourced oysters (Japanese review)
- Ise Kadoya Yuzu Dragon a 4% fruit beer brewed with locally sourced yuzu, or Japanese citron.
Ise Kadoya Brewery Draft Lineup
Ise Kadoya Brewery also produces a draft only beers too, so we’ll list them as we drink them:
- Ise Kadoya Mocha French Coffee Stout – 5% stout that is draft only and is part of their coffee stout series. It’s brewed using mocha coffee.
- Ise Kadoya Kenya Coffee Stout – a 5.5% stout brewed with single origin Kenya coffee beans though they are added in the secondary fermentation part of the brewing process.
Ise Kadoya Brewery Details
Address: 〒516-0017 Mie-ken, Ise-shi, Junkyu 6-428
Website (in Japanese): http://www.biyagura.jp/
Online shop (in Japanese): http://www.biyagura.jp/ec/products